Sunday, June 8, 2014

Why this blog

It seems that every year vehicles consume a larger and larger percentage of a house hold’s budget. A new car was once considered standard for the middle class is now for many American’s an impossible dream. I plan to track my experience buying and maintaining an older debt free used car. I am bit of a shade tree mechanic and hope to share what I have learned in the past fifteen years that I have been driving and repairing cars.


I also plan to discuss some public policies issues along the way as I have a love / hate relationship with cars. I love the freedom that a car provides, but I also believe that we have built our infrastructure in the U.S. to be too car dependent and hostile to other modes such as bikes and pedestrians. I think that we would all be a lot better off if we walked or biked more and drove less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment